|Location||(a) Longtitude 92.30o - 93o East
(b) Latitude : 21.58o – 22.60o North
West - Bangladesh|
East - Saiha District
South - Myanmar
North - Lunglei District
Length of International and Inter-district Boundary
|(a) With Bangladesh - 103 km|
(b) With Myanmar - 61.44 km
(c) With Saiha - 87.04 km
(d) With Lunglei - 97.28 km
(i) Lai Autonomous District Council|
(ii) Chakma Autonomous District Council
|No of Villages||148|
|No of Assembly Constituency||3|
|No of RD Blocks||4|
District Highlights 2011 Census
- In terms of area , Lawngtlai District with an area of 2,557 sq.km ranks 5th among Eight District.
- Lawngtlai District with having 17.67 is the least urbanised population in all the Eight District.
- In literacy the District ranks 8th and the lowest with 65.9 % literacy against the State average of 91.3 %.
- In terms of Sex ratio the District is having 945 against the total average of 976 of the District.
- Lawngtlai is the Headquarters of the Administrative District as well as the Headquarters of Lai Autonomous District Councils .
- Density of the population is 46 persons Sq.Km of the total Average of 52 Sq. Km of the State.
- Sangau is the most populated villages in the District while Fungkah village with 17 persons is the least populated in the District.
- Total road length in Lawngtai is at 908 km and has a road density of 2.8.
- Over 51 per cent of the villages are electrified.
- Total number of mobile subscribers in the district is at 14,337. Most of these are Airtel customers, followed by Reliance and BSNL.
- Mobile penetration is lowest in Mizoram at just 12 per cent.
List of Village Council under Lawngtlai District as mentioned below :-
Name of Block
No. of V/C
Chawngte R.D. Block
Lawngtlai R.D. Block
Sangau R.D. Block
Bungtlang(S) R.D. Block
No. of Educational Institution in Lawngtlai District:
- Primary School - 189
- Middle School - 85
- High School - 29
- Higher Secondary School - 03
- Colleges - 02
List of Lawngtlai Police Station and Outposts:-
- Head Office - Superintendent of Police, Lawngtlai District, Lawngtlai
- SDPO Lawngtlai Office
- SDPO Chawngte Office
- Lawngtlai Police Station
- Chawngte Police Station
- Vasei Police Station
- Borapansury Police Station
- Sangau Police Station
- Bualpui Out Post
- Bungtlang Out Post
List of Hospitals, Home and Drop –in Centres.
- District Hospital, Lawngtlai
- Christian Hospital, Lawngtlai
- Lairam Christian Medical Centre, Lawngtlai
- Lairam Motherless Home, Lawngtlai
- Gilead Drop -in Centre, Lawngtlai
- District Jail, Lawngtlai
List of Banks in Lawngtlai District:-
- State Bank of India (SBI), Lawngtlai Branch, Bazar veng
- Canara Bank , Lawngtlai Branch, Bazar veng
- HDFC Bank, Lawngtlai Branch,Near, Bazar veng
- Yes Bank Ltd, Mizoram Coop Apex bank branch, Lawngtlai
- Mizoram Rural Bank, Lawngtlai
- Mizoram Rural Bank, Lawngtlai Chanmari
- Mizoram Rural Bank, Sangau
- Mizoram Rural Bank, Bungtlang South
- Mizoram Rural Bank, Kamalanagar
List of Village Councils in Lawngtlai town area
- Electric Veng
- Lawngtlai – I (II)
- Lawngtlai – I (I)
- Council Veng
- Bazar Veng
- College Veng
Administrative Sub – Divisions :
Chawngte, Sangau and Lawngtlai(Sadar) SubDivisions.
Number of Post office: 23
Infrastructure Facilities in Lawngtlai district (Note: This is not upto date information)
Facilities - Number of villages
- Drinking water facilities - 139
- Safe drinking water - 42
- Electricity supply - 27
- Electricity - domestic - 27
- Electricity - agriculture - Nil
- Baptist Church of Mizoram (BCM)
- Lairam Isua Krista Baptist Kohran (LIKBK)
- Seventh Day Adventist
- Salvation Army
- Lai Women Association
- Central Young Lai Association
- Mizoram Journalist Association
- MHIP, Sub-Hqrs, Lawngtlai
- Mizo Upa Pawl
- All Mizoram Farmer Union
- Lawngtlai Truck Owner Association
- Lawngtlai Taxi Owner Association
- Lawngtlai Auto Rickshow Owner Assn.
- Village Council Association
- Lai Student Association
- Lai Aw
- Lawngtlai Post
- Correspondent, DDK
- Correspondent, LPS
- KT. Vision
- RL. Cable Network
Lawngtlai is a Notified Town city in district of Lawngtlai, Mizoram. The Lawngtlai city is divided into 10 wards for which elections are held every 5 years. The Lawngtlai Notified Town has population of 20,830 of which 10,659 are males while 10,171 are females as per report released by Census India 2011.
Population of Children with age of 0-6 is 3122 which is 14.99 % of total population of Lawngtlai (NT). In Lawngtlai Notified Town, Female Sex Ratio is of 954 against state average of 976. Moreover Child Sex Ratio in Lawngtlai is around 971 compared to Mizoram state average of 970. Literacy rate of Lawngtlai city is 95.66 % higher than state average of 91.33 %. In Lawngtlai, Male literacy is around 96.97 % while female literacy rate is 94.28 %.
Lawngtlai Notified Town has total administration over 3,910 houses to which it supplies basic amenities like water and sewerage. It is also authorize to build roads within Notified Town limits and impose taxes on properties coming under its jurisdiction.
Lawngtlai Religion Data 2011